Wow I can’t believe this week is flying by and it’s already Thursday!  This morning was the first time I’ve been able to hit the studio over the last few days  . . . but I need to spend some good quality time down there the rest of today and tomorrow.  Saturday is my day to post on the eP Blog and I haven’t even started my project yet. Smiley from

While watching the Olympics I water colored some images that I stamped off on some scrap paper and could bring upstairs to work on.  I used one of those for a card today . . . Lockhart Stamp Company Petunias on the Gate, that I picked up at one of my trips to Papertrix.


This is one of those cards that I had an extremely difficult time find just the right ribbon.  The first I had was blue scrunched up seam binding . . . too much for the lattice dies.  I then went with an orange that matched the flowers in the image . . . not right after the photographs.  So I finally ended up adding a white satin.  I’m still not sure I’m satisfied . . . but this one worked the best.

That’s all I have for now.  Thanks for stopping by and remember . . . life is short, enjoy the adventures of your day!


Project Supplies:

Happy weekend!  I hope you’ve had a good weekend so far.  I found I had some great crafty time in the studio yesterday and I’ve almost finished my latest project with Faux Porcelain.  In the meantime however . . . some updates:

Mallory’s tests came back normal . . . so no gallbladder problems.  Needless to say, we are so antsy for someone to tell us what is wrong with her that both of us were a little disappointed.  We are back to the drawing board and starting in a new direction.

Printers Chipboard:  So many of you have sent me emails or asked here on the blog what the hell I’m talking about.  Printers chipboard is a very lightweight cardboard (much like cardboard from cereal boxes, only a little thicker).  What I have been using is .22 point.  I was desperate for a storage solution for my Spellbinder Dies, and found that I could put a full magnetic sheet on cardboard to store them in file bins.  I was running out of cardboard and needed an easy solution.  At the time, we had an office supply store in downtown Louisville called Arvey’s.  Unfortunately their parent company, xpedx, reorganized and closed our store (along with many others), and I’ve lost my source for both the Printers Chipboard and Neenah cover stock.  It was nice to go over and buy it by the ream and/or case with no shipping charges.  What I have found online so far for the printers chipboard is not my best solution (because of shipping charges) but here goes:

ULine by the case

Create For Less in packages of 25 sheets

AND THEN I just found while searching for those links this (I’m very excited because I do shop and order with them):

To make my projects more durable, I do glue 3 or more pieces together but for die cut one piece is most often perfect.

I hope this helps with the questions on the chipboard.  If you happen to find other that I’ve missed, please let me know.  This is something I would prefer to purchase by the case.

Now for a quick project . . . I guess I’ve been in a pink mood .  . . could it be because of an expected granddaughter . . . maybe . . .


The image from Lockhart Stamp Co. was water colored with Distress Markers and then layered with the new Spellbinders™ Majestic Squares.  The seam binding was dyed with a mixture of Spun Sugar and Antique Linen Distress Inks (video tutorial).   The frame behind the image was die cut from printers chipboard with S4-291 Labels Fifteen.  The brown designer paper was adhered to the chipboard first and then die cut.

Well, I guess that’s all for me today.  I’m heading back down to the studio to work on the Faux Porcelain project . . .

Thanks for stopping by!


Project Supplies:

How y’all doing today?  Finally after rain delays we are racing (while I’m typing this that is).  I have a watercolor card to share with you today.  It’s been awhile since I’ve stamped anything on watercolor paper and figured today was a good as any day to do so.

I used one of my favorite Karen Lockhart stamps (that I picked up at Papertrix last year).  The image was stamped in Ranger Archival Jet Black, and water colored with Distress Stains.  This was a first for me (the stains), and I will say it went rather quickly.  I still think the re-inkers might be more vibrant and float better, but I had to try the stains . . . at least once.

Lockhart card

Here’s a close up of the image with all the layers, that are separated by 3D foam squares.

Lockhart card Closeup Layers

That’s it for now . . . because I don’t know what else to say about anything, except . . .  go Mark, go!


Project Supplies:

© 2015 Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha