Good morning!  It’s my turn this month to host the ePlay Challenge over on the eclectic Paperie Blog.  I’ve challenged the Design Team (and anyone else who wants to play along with us) to use wood on your project!

Here’s my project for the challenge . . .

ePlay Unaltered Box CloseUP

You can find out all the details and more photos over on the eP Blog!  I hope you’ll join me over there and play along with us as well!

Thanks for stopping by and joining me today!



Project Supplies:

Good morning!    Well, I did get my stitches out yesterday morning and I have to say . . . I hope it looks better than it does in 6 weeks.  That’s when I have to go back for my next check-up.   I had an allergic reaction to the Polysporin I was using, and it’s still a little red.

The Making Art! Challenge on the Everything Wendy Vecchi Yahoo Group this week was to make an ATC.  I finally found some time yesterday afternoon to participate.


Instead of using the typical paper ATC, I used one of the Studio 490 ATC Art Parts.  That background color is the new color Peacock Feathers from the Spring Seasonal release of Distress Inks.   The scallop trim was painted black and then the Maya Road Chandelier Trinket Pins were hung with black Artistic Wire.    The gloves (from Dress Forms and More) were colored with Barn Red and then over-stamped with Snow Cap Pigment.  That’s also Snow Cap Pigment on the background.

For some reason I thought it was “clever” to add hands and “eye”glasses along with the sentiment that talks about “body parts”.

Anyhoo, that’s all for me today.  Join me tomorrow for my day in the Quietfire Design Blog Buzz!


Project Supplies:

Happy Tuesday to you!  After a great weekend, it’s time to get busy . . . as if we weren’t over the long weekend.  I had a great time working in the yard, grilling for the girls and getting some time in the studio.  I even got to puppy sit Kate and Will’s new lab . . . I call him moose for Chocolate “mousse”, they call him Peyton.

Yesterday when I posted about my Graphic 45 Steampunk Frame I mentioned that the instructions weren’t on their blog . . . I was wrong.   They were there! Smiley from

I’m still going to repeat them here for anyone that missed the Graphic 45 Blog post.


The frame was painted black and then covered with Steampunk Debutante paper. The paper was glued down with Multi-Medium matte and the excess was removed by sanding away at the edges. Vintage Photo Distress Ink was then sponged on the edges of the frame. The middle image was centered and the wings were painted with Black Soot Distress Stickles. An extra hat and dress were cut out, the edges sponged with Vintage Photo and raised over the image with foam mounting tape. The hat was also painted with Black Soot Distress Stickles.

Craft Foil was die cut with Sprightly Sprockets and then covered with Black Soot Alcohol Inks with a drop of Copper Mixative added.

The flowers were made by die cutting/embossing Steampunk Debutante paper with Rose Creations and Carnation Creations. The flowers were shaped with a petal roller and a foam pad (Video Tutorial here). All the leaves were die cut with the Foliage Die Template and then colored different hues of greens.

The butterfly in the top right corner was glued to a piece of Clearly for Art, heated with a heat tool and the wings were shaped with the Clearly for Art was still warm.

I guess that’s all I have for today.  I need to go and run some errands for a meeting tonight and then get to work in the studio.

Thanks for stopping by and remember . . . life is short,Smiley from the adventures of the day!





























© 2015 Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha