Some time ago, and I can’t remember if it was before CHA or after, Joan Fricker of At Joan’s Garden, asked me to be a Special Guest for one of her blog challenges.  So this is what I know (and no, I don’t know what her challenge is).  Joan offers up the challenge based on my project and gives you two weeks to complete your project.  You can read all about it on Joan’s Blog, At Joan’s Garden . . . how to enter, where you can post, etc.  I think there are prizes involved too . . . you need to check it out!

Here’s my project:


To begin, the base is three pieces of printer’s chipboard that were die cut with Spellbinders LF-246 Grand Labels Eleven and then glued together with Claudine Hellmuth Studio  Multi-Medium Matte.   A piece of Graphic 45 ABC Primer was then die/cut embossed with Grand Labels Eleven and the bottom 2 inches were cut off and flipped over for the bottom border.  Both pieces were then glued to the top of the base.  The main image on the wall hanging is an image from the ABC Primer that was trimmed down with Spellbinders LF-126 Grand Squares to fit the base.  The shelf is made from hobby wood trim cut to size, painted black and then sanded in various spots to show wear and tear.  Vintage Photo Distress Stain was then ran over the sanded areas to highlight the sanded areas.  The metal tag in the background is from Graphic 45.


The leaves in the photo above are die cut from GrungePaper using Spellbinders S4-328 Foliage die templates.   They were inked on both sides with Crushed Olive Distress Stain and then shaped by rolling the ends of each leave.  A strip of a ruler from ABC Primer was wound around a mini spool.

The flowers were made from ABC Primer paper, die cut/embossed with Spellbinders S5-050 Rose Creations, and my Faux Porcelain Technique.

Here is my original Faux Porcelain Flowers video:

I found for what I make, it was much easier to make the flowers first and then dip them into the UTEE.  Here are my flowers made and ready.  You’ll notice that I used corsage pins for the center of each flower.


By holding the end of the corsage pin, it is very easy to dip the flowers and then hold them up to drain.  I stick the pointed end in a piece of foam then for the flowers to dry.


Here are two that I made from the smallest of the Graphic 45 Flowers.


When I’m ready to attach the flowers, I simply cut the pin off at the back of the flower and glue down with a hot glue gun.  I use a hot glue gun on every wall hanging I make . . . especially when using GrungePaper.   The hot glue seems to hold embellishments better than anything else.

I’m not going to give the photo links like I normally do on a post because this post is for Joan.  All/most items used on this project are available from Joan/At Joan’s Garden.

Project Supplies:

  • Paper: Graphic 45 ABC Primer; idea-ology Grunge Paper; Printer’s Chipboard
  • Ink/Paint: Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Vintage Photo and Crushed Olive Distress Stain; Black Acrylic Paint
  • Embellishments: Graphic 45 Metal Tags and Flowers; Maya Road Vintage Pearl and Crystal Trinket Pins, Mini Spools; idea-ology Memo Pins; Corsage Pins; Twine; Mini Bottle; Black Glitter; Hobby Wood Trim
  • Tools: Spellbinders LF-126 Grand Squares, S5-050 Rose Creations, S4-328 Foliage and LF-246 Grand Labels Eleven; Sanding Tools; Hot Glue Gun; Ranger Matte Accents, Ultra-Thick Embossing Powder (UTEE), Melting Pot, Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi-medium matte

Well, that’s it for me today!  Thanks for stopping by and remember  . . .  life is short, embrace the adventures of your day!



© 2015 Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha